With the teen years come many risks to your smile, but also many rewards. With the proper care, they can last for decades to come if you are willing to clean and care for your teeth properly.
Enhance your smile with teenage dentistry treatments. To learn more about teenage dentistry, please read the following:
- Do not cave in to peer pressure when it comes to alcohol, drugs, or tobacco. Those substances can have a negative impact on your oral health.
- Wisdom teeth grow in during their teen years, and they tend to come with a host of issues including possible infections, malocclusions, growth issues, and lingering jaw pain.
- Although smoking can lead to serious health disorders throughout your body, it begins by attacking your oral health, including darkening your teeth and gums and increasing the likelihood of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Your mouth is repeatedly at risk as a teen due to the amount of sports and similar high-risk activities it is exposed to. Defend your smile during contact sports by wearing mouth guards, face masks, and head gear when available.
- Mouth jewelry is often considered in fashion, especially amongst teens, but it is important to recognize the health risks that come with it. Mouth jewelry can present a choking hazard and even crack or chip your teeth if they come into contact with them at any time. Furthermore, serious infectious diseases such as hepatitis can be linked to mouth jewelry.
Don’t wait until it’s too late for a dental procedure. If you would like to know if you need a treatment, please book an exam with Dr. David Trebisovsky and our team at Sandpiper Dental at our office in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, by calling us at 763-561-7000. We look forward to hearing from you soon!