How to Recover After Oral Surgery
It’s very important to properly recover after oral surgery. Unfortunately, there are many things you can do to interrupt the healing process and delay recovery. It’s important to avoid those things as much as possible. To help you do so, our dentist, Dr. David Trebisovsky, is happy to talk with you about recovering after your oral surgery in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, which are:
- Don’t forget to rest. Your dentist will tell you exactly how long you should rest after your procedure.
- Don’t brush your teeth until your dentist tells you to resume your normal oral hygiene routine. Brushing can irritate the surgical site.
- Don’t forget to ice your jaw if recommended by your dentist. Icing can reduce pain and swelling.
- Your dentist may ask you not to use a straw, and you should avoid hard foods immediately after your procedure. Both of these things can harm the surgical site and cause complications.
- Don’t forget to take any prescribed medication as directed and follow your dentist’s recovery instructions. This can help you have a more comfortable and successful recovery.
For more information and details, please contact our dental team at Sandpiper Dental by dialing 763-561-7000. We are here to help you in any way we can, and we will be thrilled to give you the answers and help you need, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you!