Exceptional Dental Repair in Brooklyn Park, MN
If a tooth is significantly damaged, our dentists may recommend a restoration called a crown. A dental crown, sometimes referred to as a cap, entirely covers the tooth in order to improve its strength, health, and function.
Uses for Dental Crowns
Crowns can also be used for aesthetic purposes, enhancing a tooth that is damaged or flawed. Dr. Dave may recommend a crown to:
- Enhance a tooth that is severely stained or discolored
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Attach a dental bridge
- Protect a tooth after root canal therapy (endodontic treatment)
- Improve the look and function of a misshapen tooth
- Restore a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
- Strengthen a fractured or otherwise weakened tooth
- Support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
Learn More About Crowns by Contacting Sandpiper Dental
Dental crowns are very versatile. Each crown is custom made to precisely fit your smile, providing a restoration that is comfortable, lasting, and aesthetic. While dental crowns can be made from a number of materials, including gold and porcelain fused to metal, our dentists may recommend an all-porcelain dental crown for a natural-looking effect. For more information about crowns and how we can improve your smile, we welcome you to call or visit us today at Sandpiper Dental.