Have you noticed any of the following symptoms?
- Gums that are swollen and tender
- Bleeding in your gums, especially when you floss or brush your teeth
- Receding gums, causing your teeth to look longer than usual
- Gums that are redder than usual
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together
- Loose teeth
If so, you may suffer from a degenerative oral condition known as periodontal disease. Also called gum disease, periodontal disease is a condition that may cause bone loss and tooth loss if not properly treated. Untreated periodontal disease has also been linked to diabetes, pregnancy complications, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and respiratory conditions. At Sandpiper Dental, we offer periodontal treatment to ensure that your smile stays in the best possible health and to avoid these serious complications.
In the early stages of gum disease, known as gingivitis, the condition can often be treated with improved at-home dental care and additional professional cleanings. If the condition worsens, our dentists may recommend antibiotic treatment, deep cleanings known as scaling and root planing, or gum surgery. If you suffer from the signs of gum disease in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, we encourage you to contact Dr. Trebisovsky and Dr. Waite as soon as possible. We are committed to helping you improve your oral health!