- Brush and Floss – Brushing and flossing are two of the most important things you can do to improve your smile. Brush and floss everyday to prevent cavities and improve the appearance of your teeth, contributing to a brighter smile.
- Eat Fruits and Veggies – Eating raw fruits and vegetables helps produce saliva, which helps remove bacteria and prevents discoloring of the teeth. Once the bacteria are removed, teeth are whitened by the properties found in raw fruits and vegetables.
- Regular Dental Visits– Dental visits should take place every six months, as a minimum, and annually at the most. Visiting the dentist frequently is one of the easiest and most effective ways to improve your smile. Dental visits give the opportunity to evaluate your oral health, x-ray teeth to check for any problems, and clean your teeth, making your smile brighter by default.
- Teeth Whitening – There are many teeth-whitening products that will brighten your smile. Before starting any treatments, consult your dentist to see what treatment would be best for you. Whitening kits can be bought in stores, or the procedure can be done at the dentist office.
- Water – Swish your mouth with water after eating to avoid food stains on the teeth, keeping them white throughout the day. Replacing soda with water is also a good way to keep your teeth pearly white. When you drink soda, the acid and colored syrup gets on your teeth, causing a slight discoloring over time.
Information via American Dental Association