Are you beginning to show signs of gum disease? Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an extremely common, yet hazardous oral infection to your gum tissue. Gum disease is instigated by a variety of factors, including plaque buildup within our mouths, that if left untreated, can steadily damage your gums and cause irreparable tooth loss.
Prevent gum disease from destroying your smile by keeping track of the ensuing signs that may be taking place:
- Do you have sensitive gums that look swollen, tender to the touch, or are red and bleeding?
- Do you suffer from repeated bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
- Does it look like your gums are falling back away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
- Do you frequently have loose teeth that feel wobbly?
- Have you used any medications that list gum disease as a potential side effect?
- Do you constantly partake in bad habits for your oral health such as smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs?
- Do your gums oftentimes bleed when eating food or brushing and flossing?
If you would like to discuss gum disease treatment options with Dr. David Trebisovsky and the rest of our team here at Sandpiper Dental, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. Our number is 763-561-7000. We look forward to helping you decide which options will work best in your quest for a healthier smile.