Do you want to improve your smile even more? Are you looking for oral health care treatments that you can use on the go when brushing or flossing treatments are not readily available? Luckily, there are a few options that can keep your smile going strong until brushing and flossing become available. This includes chewing sugarless gum, preferably after meals, and using mouthwash to help clean away bacteria and food particles. Some of the benefits of each include:
- Studies have shown that if you chew sugarless gum for at least a period of twenty minutes after a meal, it can wash away bacteria and food particles to help better protect you from cavities.
- Sugarless gum can increase your saliva flow, which contains ingredients that can counteract the harmful acids caused by bacteria that can destroy tooth enamel.
- Sugarless gum can help offset heartburn or acid buildup in the esophagus.
- Mouthwash can prevent halitosis (bad breath) and tooth decay.
- Mouthwash can be used as an oral health care device in the fight against cavities by preventing plaque buildup.
- Mouthwash can slow the speed of and even prevent gingivitis, which is a predecessor to gum disease.
For more wonderful and amazing oral health care tactics recommended by our team at Sandpiper Dental, give us a call at 763-561-7000. If you would like to book an appointment with Dr. David Trebisovsky at our dentist office in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, please contact us during regular office hours. With a little love and some support, your smile can be as prodigious as you want it to be.