If you have suffered from tooth loss, our dentists offer several options for tooth replacement at Sandpiper Dental. One of these options is a dental bridge. A bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth in a row. There are three main types of dental bridges, and the most common is known as the traditional bridge. A traditional dental bridge is composed of a replacement tooth, called a pontic, and two dental crowns. Dr. Trebisovsky and Dr. Waite attach the crowns to the teeth or implants that neighbor the gap in order to anchor the pontic in place. Because the crowns are placed on these teeth or dental implants, the bridge is very secure and is non-removable. This provides your smile with stability and ensures that your restoration will not easily come loose or shift.
Dental bridges offer many benefits to your smile. When in place, a bridge can:
- Prevent the remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- Enhance your smile’s beauty by filling in the spaces left by missing teeth
- Replace an unwanted removable partial denture
- Relieve uneven pressure on your bite
- Restore your ability to chew and speak as normal
We welcome you to call or visit us today to learn more about how a dental bridge in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, can restore your smile. We are eager to see you at our office soon!