Even with all the risks that can befall your oral health due to the foods and drinks we consume, it can be easy to overlook oral health care for other risks in our lives. However, your teeth are just as likely to be damaged by outside influences as they are by the substances you are eating. Thus, it is important to prevent dental damage from occurring by practicing and applying effective oral health care planning, including the following dental damage prevention tips:
– Wisdom teeth – Wisdom teeth can lead to numerous forms of dental damage because they can often grow in incorrectly. If you’re suffering from any ailments involved with the eruption of wisdom teeth, or if they are causing additional pressure to surrounding teeth, visit your dentist.
– Mouth Jewelry – Mouth jewelry can lead to numerous oral ailments including infections, oral inflation, cracked teeth, choking, and can also severely lacerate, chip, or crack your teeth or gums.
– Smoking – Not only will smoking have instantaneous negative consequences on your teeth, including bad breath, stains, and discolorations, but they can also lead to numerous other ailments, including poor oral health, tooth loss, and oral cancer.
– Sports – Sports are a known cause of numerous forms of dental damage, including severe oral accidents and blunt trauma injuries. Thus, it is imperative to always make sure you’re practicing safe and effective oral health care methods by implementing damage prevention treatments such as wearing safety equipment like face masks and mouth guards.
– Drugs – Drugs are linked to numerous abnormalities in your physical and mental health, and can easily lead to tooth decay, tooth loss, and cancer.
If you would like to have your dental damage examined by our team at Sandpiper Dental, you can book an appointment with one of our caring dentists, Dr. Thomas Waite or Dr. David Trebisovsky in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, at 763-561-7000.